[mythtv] how to obtain ordered autoexpire list?

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Mon Jan 17 03:20:09 UTC 2011

As I noted on mythtv-users (sadly, with no response)
I would like a script to help ensure that the autoexpire
recordings are well "balanced" in my storage directories,
to help minimize the chance of a high priority recording
being deleted simply because the backend has decided to
use a specific storage directory.

Is there a way for an external app to get an ordered list
of autoexpire recordings like the one presented in the
MythTV Frontend app? I imagine I can get an approximation
by just looking at recording priorities in MySQL, but I'd
like to get a list in the same order that the backend
would use.

Currently I'm using Ubuntu's MythTV 0.21+fixes on 8.04 LTS,
and I plan on upgrading that system pretty soon to Ubuntu
10.04 LTS, running Ubuntu's MythTV 0.23+fixes.

Thanks,

Peter