[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

E. Westbrook mythtv-dev at westbrook.com
Thu Jan 20 07:23:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 02:26, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for your efforts.  I've fixed all the problems that you
> identified and put an amended script here:
>
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild-110119.zip

How does one keep up with the latest developments of this script without
worrying about missing a message posted to this thread?  I see the link
above, and I already wonder if it's stale, and how I'd learn of new
developments anyway if it's not.

Perhaps you would consider registering a simple little one-file github
project for this effort.  I think it would help you organize and manage the
work and the code, while greatly helping others to both use it and
participate in it.  It doesn't have to be big to benefit from good tools.

Barring that, even just making a simple homepage for it, with links for
latest releases and maybe a snippet or two of news, would be a plus.
(Although to me that seems more tedious with less benefit.)

I think this work is important, and I plan to use it and contribute what I
can.  While it's true that I myself despise Windows, the world in which I
live still finds it rather ubiquitous.  So please take that as a tip of the
hat, an offer of participation, and an imploring suggestion.

$0.02,
EW