[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: bbaaadc1a by

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:18:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 Jan 2011 21:57:14 Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> > > Looks like the translation was updated but somehow the useful commit
> > > message got lost and instead we get the useless merge messages.
> > >

> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/1f7e95204aad6d596f58ff3e37b8988d1
> > > 9f74766
> > >
> > > Another case of how brain dead git and github really are :(
> >
> > This is not a case of git or github being braindead at all, but rather of
> > people not understanding what happened.
>
> No, it's a case of github not calling the commit hook for that commit.
>
> Which may possibly be described as braindead.

It may have sent it with a different branch name other than master, but yes,
it never fired.  OK.  :)  The message never went out.  It's still a good
plan to look at the network graph before jumping to conclusions that your
commit disappeared, etc.  It is at:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/network

The debug log does show that somehow they didn't fire the commit hook (or
somehow our server never got it).  Somewhat braindead :)