[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 17:01:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 09:40 -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> On 01/20/2011 04:37 PM, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> > In the meantime you can find the latest script here:
> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild-110120.zip
>
> Just a quick report on Fedora 14 64-bit. The only problems are libxml
> does not build (I commented it out)

Thanks for the feedback.  Strange, I installed a clean Fedora 14 64-bit
system on VirtualBox, applied all the latest updates and had no problems
building a MythTV release for Windows using this script.  The additional
packages that I installed were:
kernel-devel kernel-headers dkms gcc gcc-c++

which are needed to install VirtualBox guest additions.  I then
re-booted and installed:
mingw-gcc mingw-gcc-c++ wget patch git-core

Then I added the user acct to sudoers (so that patch can fix the mingw
headers) and ran mythbuild.

Could you mail me the error output when libxml2 fails on your system.
Thanks

>  and zlib1.dll is not put in the
> archive (but it builds and is even copied to mythinstall/bin).

Only the zlib static lib is used so the DLL isn't archived.  Note line
1563 of the script, which archives the DLL, is commented out.

-- Lawrence