[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 21:24:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 13:52 -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> On 01/21/2011 12:01 PM, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> > Could you mail me the error output when libxml2 fails on your system.
> > Thanks
>
> See attached

Thanks.  Looks like the Python bindings are the problem.  A clean
install doesn't include the dev packages for Python.  The simplest
workaround is to disable Python.  Could you re-try the build using:

LIBXML2_CFG="--without-python" ./mythbuild.sh

which will disable Python.  Hopefully that should work.  If so I'll add
it to the script.

> > Only the zlib static lib is used so the DLL isn't archived.  Note line
> > 1563 of the script, which archives the DLL, is commented out.
>
> But when I start the resulting mythfrontend.exe on Windows it fails
> because of missing zlib1.dll. Copying the dll from the build tree fixes it.

Hmm, don't understand this.  Myth links to the static zlib as do all the
other packages built.  Well, at least they're supposed to.  I wonder
what's importing the DLL?  Could you tell me what this outputs when run
from your build directory?

for d in mythinstall/win32/*.dll ; do echo "$d"; i686-pc-mingw32-objdump
\ -x "$d" | grep -i  zlib ; done
for d in mythinstall/win32/*.exe ; do echo "$d"; i686-pc-mingw32-objdump
\ -x "$d" | grep -i  zlib ; done

Thanks

-- Lawrence