[mythtv] Linux to MacOSX cross compilation

Emlyn Bolton emlyn.bolton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:57:28 UTC 2011

On 3 March 2011 13:46, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 11:07 -0800, Emlyn Bolton wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > I wonder how hard it would be to use the existing Mac packaging script
> > to get these to bundle into a MythFrontend.app/ directory?
> >
> > Once I've compiled, I'll have a look... If nobody else is already
> > doing so?
>
> Great idea. Please give it a try.

Alas, it did not work.  While attempting to package up the contents, it
complained about some of the binary formats of some of the libraries.  I
tried executing the unpacked build area files to my Tiger installation, but
couldn't figure out how to change the runtime-prefix at runtime... Is that
possible? To be clearer, my build area (linux box) is
/home/emlyn/mythbuilder/mythinstall but I wanted to run it and otool the
binaries on my mac (/Users/emlyn/mythbuilder) it will look for the build
area libs / bins, even if I manually specify the libs to the osx-bundler.sh
script.