[mythtv] A need for advanced player settings

Kyle Rose krose at krose.org
Tue May 31 01:38:47 UTC 2011

Apologies for the late reply: I was out of town for the weekend.

I'm not using the git repository but instead making my changes in a
Debian source tree, so I no longer have the original file. Just look
for the line in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/ringbuffer.cpp that says

const uint RingBuffer::kBufferSize = 4 * 1024 * 1024;

and replace "4" with "32", then look for the line that says

fill_threshold = kBufferSize / 4;

and replace "4" with "2". Again, these settings are probably overkill,
so you may want to play around with them.