[mythtv] A need for advanced player settings

Kyle Rose krose at krose.org
Tue May 31 03:25:39 UTC 2011

> Apologies for the late response. Can you provide a link where we can
> download the problematic file? From memory, matroska doesn't take well
> to being clipped randomly so I'm assuming it will need to be the whole
> thing.

I took a 750MB prefix of the file in question, which seems to play
fine. Here it is (for the next 72 hours):

http://freesrv2.largefilesasap.com/download.php?file=YzRiNDJmOTEzNjk4ODJhMjcyODQxNmEzYjVhMmIxNmQvMjAxMTA1MzAyMDEyNDI1MDMzNjA4NDc5NDIubWt2X19TRVBfXzE5NzIwNw==

> This does tie into some issues that a couple of people have been
> trying to debug in the last couple of weeks. There was a suggestion of
> incorrect bitrate detection and/or updates with one file and it
> obviously ties up with the symptoms.

Does Matroska store the maximum bitrate of a variable bitrate stream
anywhere? That would be sufficient information to solve this
particular problem, but I don't know enough about Matroska.