[mythtv] Android companion application for Mythweb / API for Mythweb

Daniel Frey dan at mythtvcast.com
Sun Nov 6 14:47:49 UTC 2011

Thomas,

I started looking into this as well.  I had started an Android Application
as well, but it was more for presenting the recordings as well as playing
them.  I ran into two issues.

1. At the time, when security was enabled for mythweb, the version of the
Apache HTTP client being used has some issues and was preventing
authentication.
2. I couldn't find a good solution of serving up small ARM files without
having to transcode everything and then stream them from a separate server
(i.e. a darwin server) (some enhancements, i believe, are coming to help
out with this in .25, but not sure as to the status of this)

But it is possible to get to the the data via rss.  I believe the urls are
restful now, but it has been a while since I looked and I could be wrong.

I did have some success getting this to play via the auto flash transcoding
and embedding that in a page that gets loaded by an android app.

Dan