[mythtv] A perl QAM scanner - call for volunteers

Grant McChesney grantmc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:58:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Grant McChesney <grantmc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Robert:
> > I'm having some issues with the script.  I've ran it a few times now.  It
> > scans through all the virtual channels, and creates my conf file
> > (UT43414\:X.qam.conf).  The problem I'm having is the conf file is always
> > empty.  Any ideas?
>
> If you change the $debug variable at the top of the script it will
> generate a lot more output, and then I can see what I mis-programmed.
>
> Have you downloaded the latest version?  I received some feedback and
> made adjustments a few days ago.

I verified I have the latest version.  I've enabled debug, and there is
more output now, but I don't see a smoking gun.  He's a snippet of the
output.

Getting QAM data for channel 663
channel is 663 vcgvs is:
vch=663 name=DSCHDTV auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a
Getting QAM data for channel 664
channel is 664 vcgvs is:
vch=664 name=Life HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a
Getting QAM data for channel 665
channel is 665 vcgvs is:
vch=665 name=Palladia auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a
Getting QAM data for channel 666
vcss is ERROR: invalid virtual channel