[mythtv] Customized OSDs in mythtv

Prajakta S. pbs.2312 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:09:20 UTC 2011

HI.,
If you run playback on your mythtv and try to perform different operations
while the video is getting played, you will come across some menu list for
performing different operations on that video. So there must exist some
on_click() event for those menu which makes them functional.

According to http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/OSD_development_guide one can
customize the look and feel for existing OSD but what if one has to insert
one's own control on OSD and make them functional?
I am also stuck somewhere around this point!

Guys..any help would be appreciable!
Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Toshish Jawale <toshish.jawale at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to mythtv platform and I am exploring it. And I found that, one
> can add some functionality and OSDs also can be added in osd.xml and all
> that stuff, But I wanted to know that, can one create his own OSD in
> mythtv. By own OSD I mean that, the functionality of OSD should be defined
> independently, the way of accessing OSD may be different. For e.g. I did
> not find any component like "Button" in OSDs, so can we build new set of
> GUI to generate new OSD, and that OSD can also be displayed along with
> other OSDs. Does mythtv allows to create customized OSDs independent of the
> current theme?
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Toshish A. Jawale.