[mythtv] Mythcommflag final commercial break

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Nov 29 21:28:06 UTC 2011

* On Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 09:28:46AM -0800, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> At the same time, it's a minor annoyance when editing, and it seems
> kind of unclean to deliberately "corrupt" the data before writing it
> to the database.  What would you think of a patch that writes a
> correct skiplist into the database, and the commskip portion of
> playback makes a local modification to shorten the final skip region
> if necessary?

This would be fine I believe.  It's better to have the skip list correct
in the database and have the player prevent auto-skipping to EOF.  This
would also make things easier on people who convert the skip list to
a cut list.  Currently they'd miss cutting the last 1-2 seconds of the
recording.

You wouldn't even have to modify the skip list in the player, just check
to see that any auto-skip forward doesn't take you to or past EOF and
if so, seek to ~2 seconds before EOF to give the user a chance to back
up if they want.

--
Chris