[mythtv] MythUI & mythfrontend setup

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:42:08 UTC 2011

On 01/10/11 18:02, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Just to give you a heads up (and then I'll leave the specifics to others
> who know the issues better than me), as I understand it, the primary
> reason that the frontend setup is not already mythui is because we did
> not want to create a setup system that required themers to theme a bunch
> more screens.  So, different ideas have been suggested for how to
> automatically lay out setup widgets and arrange them, but--as far as I
> know--no one has come up with a solution that was generally liked.
I am trying to make on it work with only one simple xml file, I don't want
to add too much work to themer, there is enough incomplete themes
already.
I am not to sure how it could work yet and I am still experimenting.

My primary goal is to get rid of it as I  have other concept which are
easier
to implement if only the new MythUI is used.
Also the current setup are unbearable to use with a remote control and
at best cumbersome with a keyboard.
> IIRC, one of the devs actually did up a whole new setup UI using mythui
> (but I think the patch got deleted due to a general disagreement upon
> where setup should be going/how it should be done).
Any trace of this patch or discussion, I wouldn't mind to know what it was
about and why I must avoid.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate

Cheers,
Xavier