[mythtv] fixes to mythburn.py

Stefan Brackertz t.brackertz at gmx.net
Thu Oct 6 23:18:04 UTC 2011

Yes for sure it does not work if you pass "ionice -c3 java -jar projectx"
through the backend-setup. But I run into trouble as some of my tools are
not in the PATH and I put them into mythtv-setup with full path which in
turn contains spaces. Maybe the command itself and its path shouldn't get
quoted by mythburn.py but by the user in mythtv-setup?
Nevertheless if your java is configured correctly running "projectx"
should work. Maybe we should alter mytharchive in a way that it runs
mythburn.py as a whole with ionice? Do you think that makes sense? I can't
imagine a situation in which ionice could be annoying. Of course
mytharchive should test if ionice is installed first.
I also planned to improve mythburn's use of multicores as meither projectx
nor the reencoding of audio to ac3 uses more than one core on my PC.

But at the moment I'm trying to fix some segfaults in mytharchivehelper.
In 0.25 there occur quite many of them. I think they also happen in 0.24
but are not caught and therefore stay unrecognized in most cases.

Stefan