[mythtv] Build error on Fedora 16

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:29:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have libglu installed? or liblu-dev? (or whatever they are
> called on Fedora)

Yes, I believe the package is 'mesa-libGLU-devel' which also pulls in
mesa-libGL. It's in fedora and it's in the build requirements. I would
think missing this package would break building on Fedora 14 and 15,
but so far this problem only affects Fedora 16.

I tried looking at the changelog between the version of mesa in Fedora
15 and 16 but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. They are the
same version but different release. F-15 is using release 1 (the
bottom entry) and F-16 is using release 4.  Details below:

* Fri Sep 09 2011 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 7.11-4
- mesa-7.11-generic-wmb.patch: Add generic write memory barrier macro for
  non-PC arches.

* Thu Sep 08 2011 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 7.11-3
- Add khrplatform-devel subpackage so {EGL,GLES}-devel are usable

* Wed Aug 03 2011 Michel Salim <salimma at fedoraproject.org> - 7.11-2
- Rebuild against final LLVM 2.9 release.

* Tue Aug 02 2011 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 7.11-1
- Mesa 7.11
- Redo the driver arch exclusion, yet again.  Dear secondary arches: unless
  it's an on-motherboard driver like i915, all PCI drivers are to be built
  for all PCI arches.

Thanks,
Richard