[mythtv] Any tv_grab_eu_epgdata users running master? (was Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8b0daaf01 by Michael T. Dean (sphery))

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:50:11 UTC 2011

On 29 August 2011 18:57, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Heh, no wonder you're seeing severe problems from our little
> inefficiency--nearly all of your shows have no programid.  Seems UK RT
> data has programid for a good proportion of listings, so even with their
> long descriptions aren't nearly as badly affected.

This is a fortunate side-effect of the Radio Times' upstream provider
adding a lot of series/episode numbering in their data (and to a
lesser extent, yours truly adding support for them in the grabber to
expose them).

Less of a welcome addition at the same time were the changes to a lot
of descriptions for old programming which had been very consistent
until that point. That change meant that oldrecorded could contain
quite a lot of entries with no programid and changed descriptions -
which depending on the chosen dupe detection method - could mean a lot
of re-recordings.

Thanks for the update!

Cheers,
Nick