[mythtv] Feature: Multiple "mark as watched"

Tobias Kaminsky tobias at kaminsky.me
Mon Sep 12 20:17:47 UTC 2011

On 12/09/11 09:48, Elkin Fricke wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Tobias Kaminsky <tobias at kaminsky.me
> <mailto:tobias at kaminsky.me>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I want to implement a feature, which allows all users to seperatly
>     mark
>     a recording as watched.
>     There would be a new popup after one chose "mark as watched" where one
>     could pick the users that have watched the show.
>     If all users have watched a recording it will be auto-expire (if
>     one has
>     checked this option).
>
>     My question is, if there is another approach which will do this? I
>     want
>     to avoid that my patch/suggestion is not used by any other but me...
>
>     Thank you for this great software!
>
>     Tobi
>

> Hi Tobi,
>
> you can search the Dev and User lists for "multi user" and you will
> find many ideas but no implementations. I would love this feature.
>
> Cheers

Hello Elkin,

I have started with this feature.
Currently I try to "hardcode" two users without database support.
I want to use some kind of toggle Button to select/deselect a watched
recording for a user.
I have found MythUICheckBox. But all references use a XML file via
checkBox = dynamic_cast<MythUICheckBox*>(GetChild("foo"));
So it is not possible to create a popup for a dynamic count of users?

Which GUI type do you suggest? It should be some sort of a "scrollable"
list with toggle-buttons.
Does something like this exist?

Thank you
Tobi