[mythtv] Feature: Multiple "mark as watched"

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Sep 13 19:31:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Tobias Kaminsky <tobias at kaminsky.me> wrote:
> My question is, if there is another approach which will do this? I want
> to avoid that my patch/suggestion is not used by any other but me...

I'd use this if it got implemented well. For now, the way I work
around it is to have a recording group for me and one for my wife.
When one of us watches a program, we will move it to the recording
group of the other person. If something is in your own recording
group, you watch it (if you want) and then delete it. We tend to do
this on an inconsistent basis, mostly because it's sort of
inconvenient to do (requiring you to go back to the menu and then
traverse through several menu levels to accomplish it). So if there's
only one or 2 episodes of a program recorded and we watch them shortly
after airing, we can usually keep track of that in our head. But for
shows where we might have a backlog of a dozen episodes (shows we keep
long term as extra filler...where we might not watch it until a year
or more after it's recorded), we do this to keep better track of who
watched what.

This works for us, but obviously it's not all that convenient, and
obviously wouldn't work as well with more than 2 users.

--
Ron Frazier