[mythtv] Feature: Multiple "mark as watched"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:03:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 2011-09-13, at 5:26 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>
> My parents, though, would love it. My mom would never see any of my
> dad's soccer recordings and my dad would not have to keep hearing my
> mom complain that she has to scroll through a lot of soccer games to
> find the shows she wants to watch...
>
> For this specific case have you considered recording groups? The mom-only
> shows could go into a Mom recording group, same deal for Dad, and the common
> ones continue to show up in the Default group. I can say more but you can
> probably figure it out faster by poking around the menus, I think it's under
> storage options when you edit the recording schedule and you can switch
> recording groups by bringing up the menu while on the groups side of the
> watch recording screen.
> I use recording groups during events like the Olympics or World Cup to keep
> the weeks-long flood of events/games from obscuring my regular once-per-week
> shows.
> - George

Yea, but switching between the groups isn't the easiest either. Plus,
I can't do an "All but this group" filter anyway, and since something
can only be in one group ("tags" would be a better model for this
instead of groups...).
Oddly, my father's name is George as well...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!