[mythtv] Trailing spaces in callsigns

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 05:18:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 09/15/2011 09:58 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> >wrote:

> the channel callsigns before doing the comparison for merging channels in
> the program guide?
> time the callsign is inserted into the database instead of all the places
> that it's read back from the database?

> trailing/leading whitespace.
> >> Ah, yeah, I misread it thinking he was asking about fixing the callsigns
> >> in the editors so they're put in the database correctly.  But, yeah, I
> >> agree it should be fixed upon insert--meaning we only need a fix for the
> >> 4 channel editors (mythtv-setup, frontend, MythWeb, and HTTP setup).
> > I started looking at mythtv-setup, channeleditor.cpp to be specific.  I
> see
> > where it reads the DB and populates the UI with the channel info, but I
> > don't see how edited info gets back into the DB.  Background: lots of C++
> > experience, not so much with QT, some DB work, enough to puzzle my way
> > through understanding a query.
> >

> Looks like ChannelUtil::CreateChannel() and
> ChannelUtil::UpdateChannel(), which are probably used by the frontend
> editor, too.
>
> Also, it seems that the xmltv config(?) uses ChannelData::handleChannels().

Ok, it looks like there are four places that UPDATE the channel table and
one place that INSERTs into the channel table.  Would modifying these five
places to trim trailing whitespace before modifying callsign cover all four
channel editors?

UPDATE:
libmythtv/tv_rec.cpp:
SetChannelInfo