[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 0e84bfed2 by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Sep 18 09:24:18 UTC 2011

On 18/09/11 05:39, George Nassas wrote:
> Cool. And thank you.
>
> As a general comment perhaps the project has room for improvement
> around communication and consultation? I'm not sure what form that
> might take. I've watched more than a few on-list discussions turn into
> windy free-for-alls that go nowhere and that's no good. On the other
> hand secret off-list discussions and like it or lump it rollouts can
> sometimes rankle even though I like the vast majority of what gets
> rolled out. Just sayin'
>
> Like Eric and everyone else I'm glad that folks give up some of their
> time to evolve myth, no sane person comes here making demands or
> giving ultimatums or whatever.
>
> - George

Heh I don't think there's any chance of that I've been a MythTV
developer for 6 years and wasn't consulted either :( As far as I know it
was a unilateral decision by Mike to change this and my feeling is it's
more to do with removing a setting than the actual functionality it removes.

My preference would be to just restore the left/right actions in the OSD
menus so you can navigate the menus like Mark K intended them to be. If
it could be done so it works the same in all the menus then all the better.

Paul H.