[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Sep 26 20:32:25 UTC 2011

2011/9/26 Warpme <warpme at o2.pl>:
> Hi,
> I'm glad S3 aspect pops-up as I want to add another aspect relevant to S3:
> sleep-resume on fe side.
> Currently, basing on BE logs, I get impression BE threats frontend sent to
> S3 as fe which lost connection to BE.
> I'm not verified it, but in past, long enough sleep period caused also lost
> of comm. mechanism on BE->FE direction.

A couple of months ago I finally got S3 configured on my main
frontend. I experienced the same thing - when waking up the frontend
after a few hours of the frontend being suspended, the connection
between the frontend and the backend was borked somehow - not enough
for it to give an error message in the frontend, but enough to give
funny behaviour in the frontend (missing recordings, etc). I didn't
have time to look into it (or even create a ticket or check for old
tickets) at that time, so a quick workaround to keep a high WAF, was
to restart the frontend every time the system was resumed. I haven't
had time to look any further into it yet, but the problem was
consistent on my 0.24-fixes system (up to date as of one month ago).

Best regards
Kenni