[mythtv] RFE: While we're on the subject of muting

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Sep 29 12:49:33 UTC 2011

Two of my frontends use the internal mixer to control volume levels.
Sometimes, I want to watch a few seconds of a recording without any
audio, just to be sure it recorded correctly. Why no audio? It might be
because the wife is asleep, or it might be because I'm afraid I might
spoil the show by exposing some important plot point.

For this reason, I often find myself wishing I could mute the audio
while the menu is still being shown, before beginning playback. If this
could be added easily, it would be a worthwhile enhancement, IMHO. I
guess you'd probably have to add some sort of visual indicator that mute
has been pressed, though. Otherwise, there would be no way to know the
button press had been received.