[mythtv] Mac OS X build error "ld: -L <blank>"

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:48:48 UTC 2012

On 8 April 2012 00:04, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> I really don't follow how the -macx flag gets there in the working cases and
> why it is not there in my case.  Suggestions, pointers?

you shouldn't use the buildbot as a comparison point. Its aim is only
to test that myth compiles okay on a mac. Nothing more. It doesn't
attempt to build an application bundle etc..

-macx is only there to tell qmake what type of make to generate,
either a makefile, or an xcode project.

You don't need to specify -macx is you've changed the default makespecs

go into the mkspecs file, and see what default is linked to.
if it is to macx-g++
then you don't need to specify -macx

And FWIW, it would be much easier (and faster) to try to compile using
the new buildscript. Not having to build Qt will save you *a lot* of
time