[mythtv] Note for people who have cloned MythTV repo

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Apr 12 06:45:44 UTC 2012

> Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The extras repository is the only one that has been effectively
> >rebased.
> >The mythtv one has not been, but recloning would make it easier in
> >general.
>
> Are you sure that's the best advice? If someone has a repo from before
> the renaming, with no additional commits of their own, then git fetch
> will leave them with exactly the same result as a fresh cloning,
> without all the commits being redownloaded. If they do have commits or
> branches of their own then git fetch additionally avoids losing them.

I'm no expert on git, far from it.
But when I switched from 0.24 fixes to 0.25 fixes I had some extra folders
that was interfering during the compilation.
Was complaining about an include file that as far as I can tell was not
supposed to be used, think it was a leftover plug-in or something.

So I had to do a "git clean -n -d <folder>" to find what it was.
Then later once everything was installed I also had some old themes, like
arclight that was not updated so I ended up removing the whole themes folder
and doing a new make install to get rid of all the old stuff and get a clean
start.

Then I found out I had to download the arclight theme separately and then it
all worked as expected.
So, some minor issues during the upgrade but not too bad and i guess you can
expect some issues.