[mythtv] Possible to add WADL to MythServices API

David Blain MythTv at Theblains.net
Mon Apr 16 17:22:01 UTC 2012

> What is the API written in?  I will do some research on the particular
> language and see if it supports WADL generation yet.  If so, I will
> see about putting in a patch.

The code to generate WSDL is C++ using Qt introspection (meta classes) to dynamically generate the xml for any (current or future) class exposed as a Service API.

These are the two main files that generate the wsdl/xsd xml:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythupnp/wsdl.cpp
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythupnp/xsd.cpp

You could use them as a start to learn how I iterate through the service methods and datatypes/classes.

David.