[mythtv] delete_recording & the rerecord option

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Apr 17 03:24:21 UTC 2012

Hi, I'm putting together the trivial patch to allow rerecording when deleting a recording using the http services api.

Problem is there are two handlers for DELETE_RECORDING: one in MainServer::ProcessRequestWork which recognizes the rerecord option, and one in MainServer::customEvent which does not. The services api calls customEvent which rejects the "FORGET" keyword.

So, what's going on here? More important is how to fix it. I can correct the customEvent piece but I suspect the better choice is to remove it and have the logic fall through to the other function assuming that's how it works.

Wise counsel requested.

- George