[mythtv] New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Apr 17 13:38:25 UTC 2012

* On Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 09:03:17PM +0100, Will Tatam wrote:
> Are there any apps using the new streaming API or any documentation
> other than the stuff on the wiki ?
>
> I've created a new streaming request, but the status just sits there
> saying <StatusMessage>Waiting for mythtranscode startup.</StatusMessage>
>
> What extra stage or what extra services should I be running ?

There's no extra service, and currently HLS does not work via the JobQueue,
it spawns off jobs in new threads.

You do have to have configured with "--enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame"
in order to be able to encode using the required codecs.  If you haven't
done this, you'll need to recompile and reinstall.  If you have, then
check your logs, perhaps mythtranscode is generating an error.

For an example of how to use the API, you can look at:

http://yourbackendIP:6544/samples/hlstest.qsp

That file is normally installed in /usr/local/share/mythtv/html/samples/
by default as the doc root for the internal webserver is
/usr/local/share/mythtv/html/

--
Chris