[mythtv] New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Apr 17 19:17:53 UTC 2012

* On Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 02:49:25PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-04-17 02:42 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> >
> > Unzip it into ~/.mythtv/3rdParty/
>
> Where ~ is who's $HOME?  The owner of the browser viewing the test page
> or the myth-backend process owner on the myth-backend machine?

The user running mythbackend.  The hlstest.qsp page (and a work-in-progress
future patch for MythWeb) load the player files via the backend
webserver.

> > It should create a JW_Player subdirectory containing the player.
>
> The .zip I have unzips into a mediaplayer-5.9-viral/ dir/

That's not the one you need.  We distribute our own JW Player zip package
which includes a plugin to allow HLS playback.  The current player
doesn't support HLS without the plugin which is not in the standard
packaged distributed by LongTail Video.  We requested and received their
permission to create the one-click download button in the mythbackend
webserver as well as to distribute our own packaged player including the
required HLS plugin.

The .zip you want is located at:

ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/3rdParty/jwplayer.zip

--
Chris