[mythtv] Using Services API in 0.25 for adding/updating recording schedules

Wes Brown thewbman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 00:18:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been updating my MythMe app
(http://code.google.com/p/mythme-wp7/for Windows Phone 7) to use the
new Services API that was introduced in
0.25 and found a few things about the AddRecordSchedule method that are
acting a little funny.

If I try to use AddRecordSchedule using a chanid/starttime that already has
a recording rule, it just updates the rule instead of creating a new one.
This has two main consequences:
 - I cannot seem to create an override rule (force record - 7, force don't
record - 8) that is a new rule and doesn't overwrite the main parent rule.
I have tried adding the parentid to the new rule but that doesn't help - it
always converts the parent rule instead of creating a new one.
 - Updating an existing rule does seem to work OK, but it is a little odd
to update using an "Add" command and not even specify the record rule
number.

Does someone know how I could create a new override rule using the
AddRecordSchedule method?

And somewhat unrelated, I think it would be nice to have a
GetFullUpcomingList method that returns all upcoming programs that match a
recording rule, including the 'never record' and 'force dont record' and
'conflict' programs all in one API call.

Otherwise though I love the new API and many thanks to all that have worked
on it.

Thanks,
wes