[mythtv] Expiry problem

Ian Dall ian at beware.dropbear.id.au
Mon Apr 23 22:55:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 18:37 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/22/2012 11:26 AM, Ian Dall wrote:

> >> [iptv problem]

Unfortunately it seems that the iptv problem is not the cause of the
fail to delete option.

So, the disk filled up again, and yes, it ended up with about 90
recordings in the "Deleted" recording group. Restarting the master
backend causes all the files to be deleted. I notice in the logs that
there are successful regular deletions, (signalled by "About to delete
file" messages) up until about 2:30pm then nothing until after the
backend has been restarted at 11pm (after the disk space is exhausted),
when all the files in the "Deleted" recording group get deleted.

I notice that the delete thread does check that the file has gone (and
would produce an error message if it isn't) but I don't see any of these
error messages.

It looks like the DeleteThread is simply not running. A check with gdb
doesn't seem to show any deadlocked threads, but it is not always easy
to easy to identify which thread is which.

One other point. I notice error messages to do with the "recordedfile"
table. The recordedfile table exists but is empty. A search of the
sources shows SELECT and DELETE actions on this table, but no INSERT. I
assume that this is a legacy table and these messages can be ignored?

Regards,
Ian

--
Ian Dall <ian at beware.dropbear.id.au>