[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.26-pre-110-g640ddc3

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:47:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Git Repo Owner <noreply at mythtv.org> wrote:

> The branch, master has been updated on the
> mythtv repository by gitolite user jyavenard.
>       via  640ddc3e0419bf1396ceabf23e38fc3c1a56a200 (commit)
>      from  c6a6962a86b8436a4687f85d7ba9987c04b09b29 (commit)
>
> Those revisions listed above that are new to this repository have
> not appeared on any other notification email; so we list those
> revisions in full, below.
>
> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 640ddc3e0419bf1396ceabf23e38fc3c1a56a200
> Author:    Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org> at Tue, 24 Apr 2012
> 12:39:23 +1000
> Committer: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org> at Tue, 24 Apr 2012
> 12:39:23 +1000
>
> Rework RAOP protocol handling
> This commit fixes several issues in the RAOP protocol initialisation.
> Major ones being:
> *iTunes compatibility. Playback from iTunes client now works (tested with
> both Mac and Windows version).
> *Commit 37385baff83eea77116d13e22be96b74cfde2cec broke playback rather
> significantly, the RAOP server would never received packets being re-issued
> resulting in audio drop-outs
>
> The core issue for iTunes not working previously was how the response
> packets were formed. The headers/content were inversed. This worked fine
> for iPhone/iPad but iTunes didn't like it.
>
> This commit doesn't fix some audio-sync issues and occasional glitches in
> playback. This will be done in a future commit

> Summary of changes:
>  mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mythraopconnection.cpp |  262

I only poked briefly into the code but noticed that the AirPlay server and
the RAOP server register themselves using different Device IDs.  On my
iTunes this has basically no effect and I only see the 1 speaker icon
(RAOP).  But with the iPad which presumably supports both AirPlay and RAOP,
I see two speaker icons in the music application.  Do you see this on any
of your devices and if so, do you think that registering both under the
same ID (which I believe XBMC does using the MAC address of the interface
bound to) would resolve it?

Kevin