[mythtv] devel/rtp: multiple IPTV streams, same port-no

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 01:23:14 UTC 2012

Hi

On Sunday, 29 April 2012, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 23:09 +0200, Niels Ole Kirkeby wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I was trying to figure out why devel/rtp didn't work for me and found
> > a major (if you're struck by it) flaw in the multicast handling in
> > MythTV. The problem is that my provider delivers streams like
> > udp://222.111.222.xx:2000. That is for all streams the port-no is the
> > same. In Linux, basically only the port-no differentiates the various
> > udp-streams. Thus I noticed a strange phenomena in MythTV: two
> > iptv-tuners recording two different streams but all data goes to the
> > first stream !
>
> Just a bug, what you are describing should be handled by the
> setsockopt call on line 225 of iptvstreamhandler.cpp.
>
> -- Daniel

Actually, it's probably the same bug I was seeing for RAOP; since the
change to use ServerPool everywhere... They all try to bind locally to the
port they connect to remotely.
Only the first will work; any further ones will fail to be created.....

ServerPool should only be used for incoming sockets; not for connecting to
a remote machine... I assume the commit that replaced sockets with
ServerPool everywhere broke functionality in quite a few more places.

JY