[mythtv] db schema, metadata and season/episode numbering

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Apr 30 20:27:24 UTC 2012

> TTBOMK, the episode-num in your XMLTV data is used to create a
> programid, but is not directly stored in the database.  Because it's
> not
> in the program table (there is actually no field for it), it cannot be
> moved to the recorded table when you record the episode.  Instead, I'm
> pretty sure the grabber scripts (and/or recording rules themselves,
> with
> data you provide/start) provide all of the season/episode information
> that's stored in the DB.
>
> We'll be making some major changes to the schema, soon, that will
> probably make it much easier to handle season/episode data (and other
> metadata).
>
> Mike

Ok. I have looked at the code and i think understand.
I'm not that familiar with the mythtv code but I didn’t find anywhere that
inserts the season and episode data in the recorded table unless you do it
manually.

Looking forward to the changes and I hope it eventually makes it to the
fixes branch.

One thing I don’t understand is that this must be working for someone, but
what do they use to get  the data in there?
I probably missed something.