[mythtv] Import Test Recorder

Brendan Fosberry brendan.fosberry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 02:05:33 UTC 2012

I find tivo hardware and scheduling more reliable than mythtv. In the past
I've had jumpy recordings and issues with playback which I am trying to
mitigate with switching to a minimal install and offloading extraneous
recording work. I have a hdpvr and could just use this however then I can't
also watch something on tivo. The hdpvr also has a tendency to freeze and
need restarting. If I schedule and record this way and use the tivo apis to
pull the recording down then I can still watch a show on tivo at the same
time and the entire system is less brittle. I can also make recordings
available throughout the house via minidlna and even back to the tivo.

I have a hdhr prime with a cablecard as well as the tivo however I'm just
insane.

thanks
Brendan