[mythtv] (no subject)

Paul Kendall pkendall64 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 06:59:37 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to build mythtv master on ubuntu natty using the packaging
build-debs.sh
script and I'm getting the following error.

LD	libswscale/libmythswscale.so.2
/usr/bin/ld: libswscale/x86/rgb2rgb.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32
against symbol `ff_bgr2YCoeff' can not be used when making a shared
object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libswscale/libmythswscale.so.2] Error 1

I'm doing this is kvm virtual machine as I just want to get the build
process ready to go
when the 0.26 release is dropped and I don't want to upgrade my
backend server to a later
version of ubuntu as it's running really nicely at the moment.

I even tried upgrading the VM to oneiric for a test and got the same
error as well.

I googled and read that this is a problem with binutils 2.21 (which is
with natty) and was
fixed in 2.22 (which is in oneiric) but it didn't fix the problem.

Has anyone seen this problem and does anyone have a fix?

Cheers,
Paul