[mythtv] MediaMonitor - Scan for devices if Monitor Drives is disabled?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 02:19:59 UTC 2012

Nigel,

Ever since the D-Bus busy loop that waits 5s for UDisks service to start
for those users who start mythfrontend before starting prerequisite
services was added in
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/cfcf7d640e3 , mythfrontend UI
creation is blocked for those 5s for those of us who don't have UDisks
installed.  Ignoring the fact that we should probably move that busy
loop out of the UI creation thread/background D-Bus wait, I'm wondering
why we're even scanning for devices on my system.

I disabled the setting:

Monitor CD/DVD (and other removable devices)
This enables support for monitoring your CD/DVD drives for new disks and
launching the proper plugin to handle them.

but MediaMonitor still calls CheckFileSystemTable() and
CheckMountable().  Is there any benefit to building these lists if
MonitorDrives is disabled?  I was wondering if it would be possible to
work around the busy loop issue by only calling CheckFileSystemTable()
and/or CheckMountable() for those who have enabled the MonitorDrives
setting?

Thanks,
Mike