[mythtv] referred Input group patch

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Feb 11 17:50:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:01:31AM +1100, Mark Spieth wrote:
> Is anyone interested in a preferred input group patch?

I can't see a preferred input group priority having wide enough appeal
to warrant inclusion.  I do have an alternative suggestion for you,
however.

A former developer added the custom/power priority support.  While it
is functional (and I do use it myself), it's a pain to make a priority
modification apply to just a single or small set of recording rules.
When it went in, I wished it had been done similarly to how I
eventually did the record filters in the upcoming 0.25.  That is with
a per rule bit mask so filters can be easily enabled or disabled for
individual rules.  If you'd like to change the existing custom/power
priority support work like that, I'd give it serious consideration for
inclusion.

David

--
David Engel