[mythtv] To Mike Dean re: If you're using an override to choose the Qt painter in master...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 18 03:41:44 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 01:55 AM, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> I am facing the same problem, and I have raised a ticket, too:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10336

Yianni,

While I've marked #10336 as fixed--c5125787b should fix a problem with
MythTV code which resulted in your system using OpenGL ES on Qt built
with (full) X11 OpenGL support--the fact that your (and Ingwer's) log
files showed no OpenGL Vendor/Renderer/Version information hints that
there may be a system configuration issue, likely a broken driver
install.  If that's the case, the fix I just committed won't be
enough--you'll still need to fix the driver install.

Please ensure you re-install nvidia's drivers (without the
--no-opengl-files argument), do a make distclean in mythtv directory,
pull an update of mythtv using git, then re-configure, compile, and
install, and try running mythfrontend without any overrides.  If it
doesn't work, please provide (full) log output (not syslog output--I
need to see file names and locations) of startup.

Thanks,
Mike