[mythtv] GIT reverts accidentally committed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 21 20:59:05 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 06:48 AM, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> I had a problem earlier today with some commits against
> non-HEAD of master. I though I had reset and reverted locally,
> but a commit&  push tonight did some "damage."

Can't help with what to do next, but, you may want to run:

git config --local --add push.default tracking

which modifies your local repo to tell it to only push the changes on
the current branch to upstream.  From man git-config:

push.default
     Defines the action git push should take if no refspec is given on
     the command line, no refspec is configured in the remote, and no
     refspec is implied by any of the options given on the command line.
     Possible values are:

     * nothing - do not push anything.

     * matching - push all matching branches. All branches having the
       same name in both ends are considered to be matching. This is
       the default.

     * tracking - push the current branch to its upstream branch.

     * current - push the current branch to a branch of the same name.

Mike