[mythtv] GIT reverts accidentally committed

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Feb 21 23:52:51 UTC 2012

>> % git reset --hard a5fcdea9779f8ad1821ee741fe99c9032c2c51a6
>> HEAD is now at a5fcdea don't let stash cause failures
>> % git push -f
>> To git at github.com:MythTV/packaging.git
>>  + 30acaf3...a5fcdea master -> master (forced update)
>
> GAH!  This is the way to clean it up, yes, but now you have buggered
> up everyone who has downloaded with your errant changes in there.

Oops. Do "git pull"s now fail?

(GitHub still has the SHAs in its database:
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/30acaf3a9
and the parent, grandparents, etc. are still linked,
so I was hoping there would be minimal damage.)

But yes, `twas a bit nasty. I just wanted those commits
out of the HEAD history as fast as possible.

(Too proud - didn't want my name attached to rubbish commits?)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"In this city I confess.
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | god is mammon, more is less.