[mythtv] Commit #25fe66 "Subtitles: Remove the OSDSubFont setting."

Blazej Lewcio blazej.lewcio at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:00:45 UTC 2012

Dear Devs,

I want to express my opinion about #25fe66.

While making the decision about removing the OSDSubFont setting, you
neglected the part of community who frequently watch videos with external
subtitles (i.e. non-native English speakers). Now, with the embedded font
setting, I get really _unpleasant_ experience while watching movies.

The decision to make this setting themable in 0.26 is an interesting idea.
However, in this case _usability_ should get the priority. Addiotionally,
according to the commit note, more changes are forseen for 0.26. This will
make the internal player unusable for couple of months. Again, I want to
highlight that this setting is of particular relevance for people who
frequently watch videos with external subtitles.

I'd like you to reconsider the decision and to make the OSD subtitle font
customizable (at least for MythVideo) again.

Best,
Blazej