[mythtv] Commit #25fe66 "Subtitles: Remove the OSDSubFont setting."

Blazej Lewcio blazej.lewcio at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 29 08:03:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was using FreeSans. Now, I also set it back in the code for my frontend.

In my opinion the default font (FreeMono) makes the subtitles excessively
wide. The letter spacing is unnecessary large.
Also the letters are very thin, which is an issue if there is a certain
viewing distance.

There is a lot of threads out there about selecting a good font, but with
FreeSans I get nice result that is similar to what other players do by
default.

If I may add one more comment. Long text lines that are split in two OSD
lines are not centered, which seems to be strange for me, but this might be
a matter of taste :-)

Blazej