[mythtv] Problem changing channels after upgrade to 0.25 (#9830)

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Thu Jan 26 22:11:25 UTC 2012

On 1/25/12 6:40 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> On 25/01/2012 01:51, Bob K Mertz wrote:
>> I recently upgraded my Mythbuntu system to 11.10 and just last night I
>> decided to upgrade to the 0.25 branch using mythbuntu-repos (see below
>> for more information on versions, etc).  Since the upgrade I have not
>> been able to change channels from one tuner to the same tuner which is
>> connected to a Dish Network receiver.  When I attempt to do so the
>> system hangs for about 10-30 seconds and then usually returns back to
>> the main menu with "Error opening jump program file".  This happens
>> every single time that I switch a channel from dish network to another
>> dish network channel.  I also have 2 tuners connected to analog cable
>> and if I first switch to a channel from that source and then switch back
>> to a dish network channel everything works fine.  In order to rule out a
>> delay in signal lock because of the receiver needing to change channels
>> I disabled the change channel script so that the receiver was constantly
>> broadcasting out of the composite display and this made no difference.
>

> this bug has been in trunk for some 7 months now.
> i reported in in http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9830
> but there are other reports.

That bug does seem to be exactly what is affecting me on my PVR-150.
Should I add my log files and information to the ticket or just leave it
as is?

FWIW I just did an upgrade from mythbuntu-repos and still have the same
issue.  My backend now shows the following:

MythTV Version : v0.25pre-4141-g8e87f93
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 71
Library API : 0.25.20120123-2
QT Version : 4.7.4
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg