[mythtv] Format of new post-0.25 config.xml

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 19:42:34 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 12:35 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/02/2012 12:28 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> It's easier and saner to switch to a more complex language where much
>> or all of that work has already been done by someone else.
>
> And, speaking of which, there are a lot of already-written scripts
> available to do most of the things with MythTV that people are likely
> to need to do in external scripts.  So, what exactly are your scripts
> doing?  Are you sure there aren't already-written scripts that use the
> bindings that do what you want?  Or, if nothing else, something that's
> close and only requires a little bit of changes?
>
> That said, there is an example config.xml--or you could just look at
> the config.xml you get after running a current unstable/development
> version of a MythTV application.  It will be converted to the new format.
>
> Mike

You can look at my scripts at http://code.google.com/p/mythtv-scripts/
if you are really interested.

The main uses of the database are -
channelscan, which fixes the QAM channel frequencies if Comcast changes
them overnight
Change the default channels that are tuned upon startup
Before startup - check if all tuners are connected and send me an email
if not.

I know I am being lazy, inefficient, you name it, by using mysql in bash :)

Please tell me where to find an example without having to download and
install the development version of mythtv.

Peter