[mythtv] [IMPORTANT] MythTV UTC branch merge

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jun 7 01:27:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 11:19:28AM -0400, danielk wrote:
> Michael T Dean just noticed a problem with the db update that can cause
> you to lose your seek and commflag data for existing recordings. If
> you've already updated please consider taking your backend off-line
> until a patch is committed in a few hours.

Daniel,

In case you missed it on IRC, record.findtime and .findday need to be
updated for UTC.

Also, recordfilter.clause for the "In primetime" filter and several,
time/day-related custom rule editor clauses need to be updated too.
Those will probably be difficult because the local time conversion
needs to be done solely in SQL.  It would be nice if existing custom
rules could be modified automatically too, but I suspect we'll just
have give users a big, fat warning that they need to do that
themselves.

David
--
David Engel