[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by gigem. v0.26-pre-525-g7fb9747

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 7 22:43:52 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 06:26 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2012-06-07, at 5:31 PM, noreply at mythtv.org (Git Repo Owner) wrote:
>
>> IMPORTANT NOTE: For the two latter changes to work properly, time zone
>> data must be loaded into the MySQL server.  If that is not done, any
>> recording rules using them will not match any programs.
> How would one know if this is the case?

Easiest way is to just try to use a function that relies on it, such as:

SELECT CONVERT_TZ('2012-06-07 12:00:00', 'GMT', 'America/New_York');

If you get NULL, you don't have the zone info loaded, and need to follow
instructions at:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/time-zone-support.html
(specifically the part about mysql_tzinfo_to_sql , which references
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html ).

I don't know if most distros load time zone data for users, but MySQL's
installation does not load it by default (only creates empty tables).
So, unless the distro did it for you, you don't have the data.

Mike