[mythtv] Services API - GetRecordedList and Deleted Recordings

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 10:50:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have noticed that calls to Dvr/GetRecordedList with a 'count'
parameter do not return the actual number of recordings requested.  It
seems that deleted recordings are included in the counter, but don't
get returned.  (I.e. if I ask for the first 20 recordings, but 3 of
the first 20 have been deleted (based on date order), then I only get
17 shows actually returned).

I think this changeset introduced the issues
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8a3ab526a but I don't quite
understand why deleted recordings are being excluded.  Surely, the
fact that they are in the 'deleted' recording group is enough of an
indication to a caller that they can be excluded if their application
so wishes.

Any thoughts on this before I do or don't raise a ticket?

Cheers,
Whytey