[mythtv] Proper package for new items in 0.25 beta?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:36:25 UTC 2012

I'm working on getting a test build of 0.25 beta so I'll be ready to
get it into RPM Fusion when it's released. I've modified my spec file
quite a bit for the new (and obsoleted) build requirements and now
everything builds and installs, I just need to know what package some
of the new files should go in.

The following new binaries need a home:
   /usr/bin/mythccextractor (frontend or common?)
   /usr/bin/mythmediaserver (backend?)
   /usr/bin/mythmessage (backend or common?)
   /usr/bin/mythmetadatalookup (common?)
   /usr/bin/mythutil (common?)

I looked through them in github hoping there would be a README in
their program directory giving a description and what uses them. Maybe
someone would want to create these?

Also, there's a ton of files going into /usr/share/mythtv and I'm not
sure what package they should get globed into.

/usr/share/mythtv/backend-config (I'm assuming backend)
/usr/share/mythtv/bindings (common?)
/usr/share/mythtv/hardwareprofile ???
/usr/share/mythtv/html (I'll have to move to /usr/share/doc/mythtv)

Thanks,
Richard