[mythtv] mythplayer.cpp query

Petr Srsen srsen75 at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 13 16:41:41 UTC 2012

Dne 13.3.2012 17:01, Stuart Morgan napsal(a):
> On Tuesday 13 Mar 2012 15:25:02 Russell Gower wrote:
>> Just to be clear, I'm not talking about channel changes, I'm talking about
>> the delay when one program ends and the next one starts  - i.e the
>> transition from 8441_20120312180956.mpg to 8441_20120312183001.mpg
> I'm unable to reproduce a delay on programme transitions ... and historically
> no-one has ever reported a delay there.
>
> Still if you are seeing a delay then something is going wrong.
I have noticed same issue on my system running .24-fixes with live-tv.
It is visible mainly on kids channel with short shows and start/end of
the show doesn't exactly fit to EPG information. Exactly at the moment
when show based on EPG should end/ backend is creating new file/ there
is visible short "hang".
I didn't reported this as a myth related problem as it can be related to
filesystem, kernel write IO policy and other reasons. had no time to do
more investigation. Fast way to see if it is filesystem performance
related would be to pause show on frontend for a while to allow backend
to create new file on the background and provide smooth transition for
frontend. I'm not with myth system now, can send information later what
is the result of this test.
Regards
     Petr